The Women Leaders Program
For established or emerging women executives, taking charge of your leadership development becomes vital for continuous personal and professional growth. The Women Leaders Program leverages the ground-breaking research at the Center for Leadership, and draws from best practices and the depth of experience of veteran women leaders, to create a program designed to advance the leadership capacity of professional women.
Join us this May 6-9, 2019 in Miami, Florida for The Women Leaders Program, where professional women from across the world will gather to dive deep into a fresh approach to life-long leadership development, based on a contemporary leadership competency paradigm developed by FIU’s Center for Leadership.
Join the Program
Ready to attend The Women Leaders Program?
Date and Location
May 6-9, 2019 in Miami, Florida.
$6,750 - Includes tuition, program materials, hotel accommodations for three nights, and most meals and breaks.
- 10% credit for early registration (before Feb. 28, 2018): $6,075
- Multi-registration credit (3+ from one company): $5,750
- Non-profit and government organizations, contact us.
Who should attend?
This program is designed with successful women leaders in mind, including area managers, directors, vice presidents, and executives who have expanded responsibility, and who want to catapult their leadership development in new directions. Whether in marketing, finance, or operations, this program will help add critical leadership skills in order to enhance organizational performance.
In 2017, HR.com and Leadership Excellence Magazine ranked our executive leadership programs #1 and #2 globally, for custom and open enrollment programs respectively, besting longstanding programs from institutions such as Harvard, Stanford, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and Cornell University.
Benefits for the organization and individual
- Be effective decision-makers and align others behind their choices
- Lead teams and projects
- Motivate others to take initiative
- Articulate organizational vision and lead others to execute them
- Gain greater self-insight to maximize effectiveness of strategic decisions
Topics and Schedule
The Center’s Leadership Competency Builder© is at the core of The Women Leaders Program curriculum design. This list of research-based leadership competencies provides a framework for leadership development and helps in determining what is most needed for successful leadership across all levels and organizations.
The Leadership Competency Builder© was conducted by a team of researchers at the FIU Center for Leadership based on an extensive literature review of multi-disciplinary, top-tier academic research on leadership from 2010 to 2015. This list of 45 leadership competencies is thematically categorized into 5 “meta-competencies” which inform the design and development of all Center programs.
The Women Leaders Program focuses on five critical leadership competencies:
- Identifying and leveraging personal strengths to add value to your organization
- Understanding the principles of authentic leadership to develop effective leadership practices
- Evaluating how leaders use power and influence to achieve results
- Creating a vision and direction for your team
- Finding alternative solutions to challenges even with limited resources and conflicting information
- Exercising creative thinking to uncover innovative ideas
Connecting with Others
- Communicating through precise and effective language
- Fostering relationships to better influence high-level decisions
- Leveraging the art of storytelling in building executive presence
- Setting clear, specific, and obtainable goals for individuals and teams
- Building morale, efficacy, trust, and cohesion in teams
- Encouraging and enabling team coordination
- Planning and organizing tasks, processes, and resources
- Delegating decisions and tasks effectively
- Developing a results-oriented approach to projects and initiatives
Joyce J. Elam, Ph.D.
Mayra Beers, Ph.D.
Kaihan Krippendorff, Sc.D.
"It doesn't matter at what level of the organization you are, or what culture you are from, there's something that all of us can take away."
VP Finance and Operations
"It's an opportunity for you to gain new insights of how to go about your business."
Florence Modupe Oguntuase
Special Advisor on Budget and Economic Planning
Lagos State Government, Nigeria
"The best part of the program for me which will benefit my organization is that it has not only given me the ability to recognize what I want to do, but it has given me the tools to actually achieve what I want to accomplish for my organization."
Associate General Counsel
Wal-Mart Canada Corp.