The Women Leaders Program
For established or emerging women executives, taking charge of your leadership development becomes vital for continuous personal and professional growth. The Women Leaders Program leverages the ground-breaking research at the Center for Leadership, and draws from best practices and the depth of experience of veteran women leaders, to create a program designed to advance the leadership capacity of professional women.
Join us this upcoming May in Miami, Florida for The Women Leaders Program, where professional women from across the world will gather to dive deep into a fresh approach to life-long leadership development, based on a contemporary leadership competency paradigm developed by FIU’s Center for Leadership.
Attend the Program
Interested in attending The Women Leaders Program?
Date and Location
May 4–7, 2020 in Miami, Florida.
$6,750 - Includes tuition, program materials, accommodations for three nights, and most meals and breaks.Special rate for
- Advanced registration (before February 28): $6,075
- Multi-registrations (3+): $5,750
- Non-profits, government agencies, and FIU employees and alumni, contact us.
Who should attend?
This program is designed with successful women leaders in mind, including area managers, directors, vice presidents, and executives who have expanded responsibility, and who want to catapult their leadership development in new directions. Whether in marketing, finance, or operations, this program will help add critical leadership skills in order to enhance organizational performance.
Ranked #1 in the U.S. by HR.com in 2018, The Center’s leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. The 2018 awards by HR.com and Leadership Excellence Magazine marked the 5th year in a row that The Center’s programs have been top-ranked, and the first time The Center’s program were recognized with a #1 award in both the open-enrollment and custom program categories. Read more about our ranking.
The Center for Leadership is a recognized provider of both Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and SHRM professional development credits (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification). Participants of this program will be eligible to receive CEUs and SHRM-PDCs with participating professional organizations.
Benefits for the organization and individual
- Be effective decision-makers and align others behind their choices
- Lead teams and projects
- Motivate others to take initiative
- Articulate organizational vision and lead others to execute them
- Gain greater self-insight to maximize effectiveness of strategic decisions
Topics and Schedule
The Center’s Leadership Competency Builder© is at the core of The Women Leaders Program curriculum design. This list of research-based leadership competencies provides a framework for leadership development and helps in determining what is most needed for successful leadership across all levels and organizations.
The Leadership Competency Builder© was conducted by a team of researchers at the FIU Center for Leadership based on an extensive literature review of multi-disciplinary, top-tier academic research on leadership from 2010 to 2015. This list of 45 leadership competencies is thematically categorized into 5 “meta-competencies” which inform the design and development of all Center programs.
The Women Leaders Program focuses on five critical leadership competencies:
- Identifying and leveraging personal strengths to add value to your organization
- Understanding the principles of authentic leadership to develop effective leadership practices
- Evaluating how leaders use power and influence to achieve results
- Creating a vision and direction for your team
- Finding alternative solutions to challenges even with limited resources and conflicting information
- Exercising creative thinking to uncover innovative ideas
Connecting with Others
- Communicating through precise and effective language
- Fostering relationships to better influence high-level decisions
- Leveraging the art of storytelling in building executive presence
- Setting clear, specific, and obtainable goals for individuals and teams
- Building morale, efficacy, trust, and cohesion in teams
- Encouraging and enabling team coordination
- Planning and organizing tasks, processes, and resources
- Delegating decisions and tasks effectively
- Developing a results-oriented approach to projects and initiatives
"It doesn't matter at what level of the organization you are, or what culture you are from, there's something that all of us can take away."
VP Finance and Operations
"This is the perfect setting to connect with powerful, intelligent and strong women and realize we have more in common (personally and professionally) than we may have ever known."
Simply Healthcare Plans
"The best part of the program for me which will benefit my organization is that it has not only given me the ability to recognize what I want to do, but it has given me the tools to actually achieve what I want to accomplish for my organization."
Associate General Counsel
Wal-Mart Canada Corp.