The Women Leaders Program
The Women Leaders Program equips women executives with practical and innovative ideas, skills, and solutions for advancing their professional goals and the strategic development of their organization. The research-backed design of this program provides an effective framework for leadership development and teaches the skills and behaviors to advance the leadership capacity of professional women.
The program’s multidisciplinary approach draws from the latest research with sessions focused on developing a better understanding of self, identifying personal values and strengths, understanding how who you are shows up in your leadership, building healthy work cultures, and leveraging the art of communication in building executive presence. Sessions are complemented by experiential exercises, a roundtable with an experienced C-suite women leader, one-on-one peer interaction, an individual executive coaching session, and the development of an action plan for enacting change.
Attend the Program
Interested in attending The Women Leaders Program?
Date and Location
May 6-8, 2020 in Miami, Florida.
Who should attend?
This program is designed specifically for women executives with 10+ years of leadership experience. Well-qualified participants are responsible for leading other managers or an organizational function or division. Job titles may include vice president, executive director, director, or area manager.
Not sure if this program is the right fit for you or want more information before applying? Contact a member of our team or view our other program options for individual contributors, managers, and established executives.
Ranked #1 in the U.S. by HR.com in 2018, The Center’s leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. The 2018 awards by HR.com and Leadership Excellence Magazine marked the 5th year in a row that The Center’s programs have been top-ranked, and the first time The Center’s program were recognized with a #1 award in both the open-enrollment and custom program categories. Read more.
Benefits for the individual
- Build a strong understanding and awareness of self, and understand how self-knowledge strengthens leadership capabilities
- Identify and leverage personal strengths that add value to your organization
- Discover how to foster relationships to better influence high-level decisions
- Strengthen communication through precise and effective language
- Develop the art of storytelling in building executive presence and influence others
Benefits for the organization
- Build leadership capacity by equipping high performing women executives to assume added or greater responsibility
- Develop a team of skilled executives adept at leading from a strengths-based point of view
- Identify organizational leaders capable of building leadership capacity and engaging those they lead
- Strengthen talent development and effective succession planning processes to ensure sustainable leadership capacity for the organization
The Center for Leadership is a recognized provider of both Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and SHRM professional development credits (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification). Participants of this program will be eligible to receive CEUs and SHRM-PDCs with participating professional organizations.
$5,750 - Includes tuition, program materials, and most meals.Special rate for
- Advanced registration (before February 28): $5,175
- Multi-registrations (3+): $4,950
- Non-profits, government agencies, and FIU employees and alumni, contact us.
Topics and Schedule
The Center’s Leadership Competency Builder© is at the core of The Women Leaders Program curriculum design. This list of research-based leadership competencies provides a framework for leadership development and helps in determining what is most needed for successful leadership across all levels and organizations.
Topics covered include:
- Leveraging personal strengths to add value to your organization
- Evaluating how leaders use power and influence to achieve desired results
- Leveraging the art of storytelling in building executive presence
- Building morale, efficacy, trust, and cohesion in teams
- Developing a results-oriented approach to projects and initiatives
- A one-on-one executive coaching session
What leadership capabilities should you be developing?
Research shows that good leaders can become great, and even great leaders should continue to develop, reflect, hone their skills, and learn new strategies. Assess yourself or your organization with The Leadership Competency Builder by clicking on the button below.
Companies paying attention to developing leadership at all levels
"It doesn't matter at what level of the organization you are, or what culture you are from, there's something that all of us can take away."
VP Finance and Operations
"This is the perfect setting to connect with powerful, intelligent and strong women and realize we have more in common (personally and professionally) than we may have ever known."
Simply Healthcare Plans
"The best part of the program for me which will benefit my organization is that it has not only given me the ability to recognize what I want to do, but it has given me the tools to actually achieve what I want to accomplish for my organization."
Associate General Counsel
Wal-Mart Canada Corp.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click to read our frequently asked questions.