The Leadership Accelerator Program
Are you ready for the challenge?
Leadership matters – in so many ways and at all levels of an organization. And it’s not only about getting leadership ‘right’, but it’s about every leader continually becoming better and more effective. The research is clear that the best leaders are continually building greater self-awareness and taking action to continually develop their skills and behavioral repertoire – big and small. The Leadership Accelerator Program is designed to sharpen both. This program will transform managers from task-oriented contributors to operational leaders focused on moving the organization’s priorities forward in innovative ways. Participants can expect to gain focus in their efforts and plans, lead and influence more effectively both upwards and downwards, and develop a concrete plan for continued acceleration of their leadership momentum.
Attend the Program
Interested in applying for The Leadership Accelerator Program?
Date and Location
October 10–11, 2019
Florida International University, Modesto A. Maidique Campus
11200 SW 8 Street
Miami, FL 33199
$1,995 – Includes tuition, program materials, breakfast and lunch for two days.Special rate for
- Advanced registration (before July 31): $1,795
- Non-profits, government agencies, and FIU alumni: $1,795
- Multi-registrations (3+): $1,695
Who should attend?
Designed specifically for managers with 2-10 years of management experience. Well-qualified participants are responsible for leading a team of individual contributors. Job titles may include assistant/associate directors, senior managers, project managers, or managers.
Ranked #1 in the U.S. by HR.com in 2018, The Center's leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. The 2018 awards by HR.com and Leadership Excellence Magazine marked the 5th year in a row that The Center's programs have been top-ranked, and the first time The Center's program were recognized with a #1 award in both the open-enrollment and custom program categories. Read more about our ranking.
The Center for Leadership is a recognized provider of both Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and SHRM professional development credits (SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification). Participants of this program will be eligible to receive CEUs and SHRM-PDCs with participating professional organizations.Benefits for the organization
- Build organizational capacity for managers to assume greater responsibilities and capacity for mid-level managers to assume greater responsibilities.
- Develop individuals to strengthen internal talent development and drive succession plan initiatives.
- Identify organizational leaders capable of building leadership capacity and engaging those they lead.
- Increase internal productivity and effectiveness.
- Build a strong understanding and awareness of self, and understand how self-knowledge strengthens leadership capabilities.
- Strengthen skills to generate effective communication, drive optimal performance and ensure successful conversations.
- Learn to direct energy to drive best possible outcomes for self, teams, and organizations.
- Improve buy-in from key stakeholders to address strategic initiatives/goals.
- Develop an action plan to tackle an area for personal and professional growth upon returning to work.
TopicsThe Leadership Accelerator Program focuses on five critical leadership competencies:
- Leading Self
- Strategic Focus
- Connecting with Others
- Leading Others
- Delivering Results
- Leading self: leveraging the totality of who you are and engaging in self-reflection
- Values: clearly defining the role of personal values in leadership to better understand your decision making process
- Delegation: effectively delegating the appropriate decisions and tasks to the right people at the right time with proper follow-through
- Communication: generating effective communication to drive optimal performance and ensure successful conversations
- Developing others: providing tactful, well-timed, and appropriate developmental feedback
- Leading change: gaining a fresh perspective on how to lead change for even greater achievements
- Action planning: crafting a personal action plan for implementation upon returning to work
- Valuable insight: participate in a roundtable with an industry leader