“Nearly everyone is struggling to find a way to answer the question, ‘What do I want to do with the rest of my wild and wonderful life,’” said Evans, co-author of “Designing Your Life: How to Build a Well-Lived, Joyful Life.” “People need better tools to figure out what they want and how to get it. […]
Gratitude is a learned virtue. We teach it to our children with unwavering zeal, taking every opportunity to remind them, “What do you say?” But as adults we often forget to focus on its practice beyond the social norms of politeness. We might say thank you, but do we internalize and mean what we are saying? […]
Tibor Hollo, the developer who helped transform Miami’s downtown skyline, will present his talk “60 Years, 60 Million Square Feet” as part of The Leadership Lectures series presented by the Center for Leadership and Mercantil Bank. […]
Evidence from a recent study published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that habitually accepting negative mental experiences can significantly improve mental health. […]
At a time when many people feel shut out of the rewards of a growing economy, the business community must step up to build stronger, more resilient, and inclusive communities. […]
The Center for Leadership at Florida International University this week received the Silver Award from the Chief Learning Officer Group (CLO) for Excellence in Academic Partnerships, for their work with Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS).” […]
- 3 Predictions Affecting Executive Education in the Next Decade
- Lessons from a Decade of Game-Changing Executive Education
- An Opinion Piece from the Chairman of The Center’s Board of Advisors
- Depleted Leaders Do Foolish Things
- Shooting For Mars: Research into Multiteam Leadership Wins FIU Center for Leadership 2017 Research Dissertation Award
- FIU Center for Leadership Honors Matthew Anderson with 2017 Emerging Leader Award
- Just How Contagious Is Your Good Mood? And Why It Matters for Leaders
- Why good relationships (but not close friendships) matter for your leadership
- Good intentions are not enough: How gender bias shows up in subtle ways.
- Female CEOs of Fortune 500 companies now top 5 percent. What, you’re not cheering?
- Can Leadership Really Be Learned?
- Good Leadership: Rethink what you know!
- Catching up with Lloyd DeVaux, alumnus of The 2016 Senior Executive Leaders Program
- Amplify your Leadership with a whisper
- Be a smart disruptor… Advice from President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises
- President of University College of The Cayman Islands praises Center for Leadership
- Taking charge… An alumna’s story
- FIU Center for Leadership outranks Ivy Leagues to nab top awards for programs
- Adam Goldstein: Hard lessons of leadership
- How should YOU lead during this presidential transition?
- Who's your Leader of the Year?