Driving Leadership Potential
Driving Leadership Potential: A Pathway to Senior Leadership
You have ambitious goals for your future, yet personal and professional demands make it hard to carve out time for on-going development. The Driving Leadership Potential (DLP) program cuts through the clutter and empowers you to reach higher levels of success without putting your career on hold.
The DLP offers a singular journey of learning and discovery designed with a flexible blended learning format, personalized approach and market-relevant focus. Over a span of six months, the program imparts an exceptional blend of online and face-to- face content that will enlarge your long-term outlook while equipping you with actionable insights that you can immediately apply at work.
In an energizing learning forum, the Center for Leadership at FIU and IESE Business School’s faculty members will expose you to innovative concepts, insights, and theories on key management areas and their interlocking nature.
Join the Program
Ready to attend the Driving Leadership Potential program?
Date and Location
Delivered over six months, the DLP program strategically blends online and face-to-face learning to elevate your understanding of core management functions and leadership tenets. Program sessions are held at FIU’s campus in Miami, Florida and online. See the Topics and Schedule section below for additional information.
Who should attend?
Designed specifically for high-achieving professionals with a minimum of 10-15 years of work experience. Typical participants include:
- Mid-level managers and directors preparing to assume senior leadership responsibilities
- High-potential professionals primarily based, but not limited to South Florida
- Professionals with diverse areas of expertise — lawyers, engineers, and entrepreneurs, etc. — who work in any type of business context: B2C, B2B and non-profit
- Next-generation leaders preparing to take the helm in family-owned firms
Ranked #1 in the U.S. by HR.com in 2018, The Center’s leadership development programs continue to gain recognition around the world. The 2018 awards by HR.com and Leadership Excellence Magazine marked the 5th year in a row that The Center’s programs have been top-ranked, and the first time The Center’s program were recognized with a #1 award in both the open-enrollment and custom program categories. Read more about our ranking.
IESE Business School is ranked #1 in Executive Education and Custom Programs by Financial Times in 2019.
Benefits for the individual
- Bolster your ability to lead and inspire others to achieve strategic objectives
- Build on your knowledge of managerial accounting and develop insights to leverage financial data when making strategic decisions
- Sharpen your critical thinking skills in a variety of competitive contexts
- Transform your ideas into sustainable business models
- Expand your grasp of digitalization and its disruptive impact on business models, revenue streams, and customer behavior
- Increase your capacity to inspire, persuade, and influence others to optimize your organizational impact
Benefits for the organization
- Heightens the performance, agility, and business acumen of top employees and helps your company retain stellar talent
- Up-to-the-minute applied theory and frontline insights from professors, practitioners, and peers broaden participants’ perspectives and improve critical-thinking and analytical skills
- An emphasis on inspirational leadership and solid communication prepares high-potentials to unite others around common objectives and drive strategic priorities.The blended learning format limits time away from the office to one day a month
The program fee of $14,750 includes tuition, program materials, access to online curriculum, social activities, and most meals. This fee does not include travel or accommodations.
Topics and Schedule
The Driving Leadership Potential program features a combination of interactive learning methodologies, including case studies, action-oriented learning activities, one-on-one executive coaching and a business simulation. Networking events and dynamic sessions with distinguished guest speakers further enhance the DLP experience.
Peer learning forms a core pillar of the program. DLP cohorts reflect a diversity of sectors and professional profiles. Classes are limited in size to maximize the learning impact. Under the guidance of IESE and FIU faculty, participants grow as leaders as they compare and contrast their unique perspectives.
Self-paced online modules
(4-6 hours per milestone)
Each milestone starts with a foundational online “discovery” phase that requires four to six hours of dedication. This phase lays a robust theoretical foundation through a combination of video lectures and academic materials. Topics covered include:
- September 18-October 1: Decision Making
- October 4-29: Accounting
- November 1-December 3: Finance
- December 6-January 21: Operations
- January 24-February 18: Marketing Fundamentals
- February 21-March 18: Global Business & Strategy Simulation
What leadership capabilities should you be developing?
Research shows that good leaders can become great, and even great leaders should continue to develop, reflect, hone their skills, and learn new strategies. Assess yourself or your organization with The Leadership Competency Builder by clicking on the button below.
Companies paying attention to developing leadership at all levels
“The mix of academic methodologies and blend of online and on-campus learning was one of the DLP’s clear strengths. The professors combined lectures, dynamic activities and teamwork to illustrate the content and get us to think about it from new angles. The ‘leadership journey’ was another great framework because it required me to think more strategically about developing my leadership skills and designing an action plan to move forward.”
Vice President of Business Strategy
Tommy Hilfiger (PVH)
“The DLP was really positive both in terms of the academic experience and the people I met. Our class reflected a range of cultures, countries and professional profiles, from investment, HR and marketing specialists based in the tri-state area to an R&D manager from San Salvador and an engineering analyst from Ottawa. My professional network is now far richer than I could have imagined.”
Head of Research and Direct Investments
Stelac Advisory Services
“The program content piqued my interest right away and the flexible learning format sealed the deal. We’re all really busy at this stage in our careers, but the combination of self-paced remote learning alternating with the on-campus sessions was totally manageable.”
Head of Global Key Talent Programs
“The DLP was a game-changing experience for me and the program faculty were a big part of it. Our class represented a wide array of academic and professional backgrounds. The professors were great at engaging everyone and boiling concepts down to their essence to make sure we were all on the same page.”
Head of Investment Risk