The Principals Leadership Development Program (PLDP) is designed to empower Miami-Dade County principals to become more effective leaders and change agents in their respective schools and in the South Florida community. Using a unique, multidisciplinary paradigm, the program integrates the most effective leadership/management tools and business practices derived from cutting-edge leadership research conducted at the Center for Leadership at FIU. The program model utilizes management tools and research, educational leadership practices, social science research, and public administration expertise to imbue participant principals with best practices and effective leadership skills.
Participating in the program assists the school system and schools
- Build leadership capacity/potential to enhance retention and strategic organizational opportunities
- Drive team productivity by capitalizing on diverse perspectives
- Develop an action plan for energizing schools
- Develop creative thinking for innovative solutions
Participating in the program assists individual principals
- Become a more effective decision maker and align others behind their choices
- Recognize and develop personal strengths and leverage them for successful decision-making
- Develop self-regulatory skills and objective situational analysis
- Build awareness of optimal performance levels for effective leadership
June 20-24, 2016, by invitation only.
Florida International University
11200 S. W. 8th Street
Miami, Florida 33199